Error message "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall" or "The system administrator has set polices to prevent this installation" when you try to uninstall an Orion module
These errors occur when User Account Control (UAC) is enabled on Windows Server 2008. The following procedure addresses these issues by disabling UAC to allow you to proceed with your uninstall.
Note: It is possible to enable UAC again after uninstalling the selected Orion module.
To disable User Account Control (UAC):
- Using an account with administrative privileges, log on to the Windows 2008 server hosting your Orion NPM modules.
- Click Start > Control Panel > User Accounts.
Note: If you have not configured the Control Panel to display in Classic View mode, you may need to click User Accounts again.
- Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
- Click Continue to confirm that you started the User Accounts Control Panel action.
- Clear Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer.
- Click OK
- Click Restart Now to restart your server and apply the UAC settings change.
To enable UAC again after uninstalling the selected Orion module, repeat the procedure above, confirming that the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer option is checked.
This article applies to:
Modules of Orion Network Performance Monitor version 9.5 and higher
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "Error message "You do not have sufficient access to uninstall" or "The system administrator has set polices to prevent this installation" when you try to uninstall an Orion module"
If this article does not provide the solution you need, please consider visiting our community forums on thwack or contacting SolarWinds Support. Please use the following form to provide comments that help us improve this KB article. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.