Exporting and Installing the SolarWinds LEM Console Certificate
The SolarWinds LEM Console requires that an SSL certificate be installed from the Manager in order to successfully log in. This certificate is exported from the Manager and installed on any computer on which a LEM Console will be run.
To export the security certificate:
The exported certificate will be named TNSCACert-hostname.crt, where hostname is the hostname you defined for your LEM virtual appliance.
- Log into the LEM virtual appliance via SSH using port 32022 and the CMC user name and password provided to you on your Manager Information Sheet.
- At the CMC prompt, enter manager to access the Manager submenu.
- Enter the exportcert command and follow the on screen prompts to export the certificate to a network share. Once the export is successful, you will see the following message: Exporting CA Cert to \\server\share\TNSCACert-hostname.crt ... Success.
- The LEM Manager can export the certificate to either an administrative share, such as C$, or a share in the root of the C: drive.
- The user specified during the export must have Write permissions to the network share in order for the export to be successful.
To install the LEM Manager SSL certificate:
You will see an "Import Successful" message.
- Locate and select the certificate and click Install Certificate on the File menu.
- In the Certificate Import Wizard, click Next.
- Select Place all certificates in the following store and click Browse.
- Select Trusted Root Certification Authorities and click OK.
- Click Next and then Finish.
Note: The same certificate can be used for all LEM Consoles that are connecting to the Manager from which the certificate was exported. However, the above method of installing the Console certificate is user-specific. If you want to install the Console certificate for all users on a given client machine, you can use the Certificates MMC snap-in. Simply import the certificate to the Trusted store and select to install the certificate for "Computer Account." This will ensure that all users on that machine will be able to access the stored certificate.
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "Exporting and Installing the SolarWinds LEM Console Certificate"
If this article does not provide the solution you need, please consider visiting our community forums on thwack or contacting SolarWinds Support. Please use the following form to provide comments that help us improve this KB article. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.