Alert trigger variables for nodes are not available in Advanced Alert Manager
Alert trigger variables may not be available if the schemas associated with monitored network objects are not updated when the Advanced Alert manager starts. Typically, these updates occur automatically, but there have been cases where these updates are prevented by having Windows User Account Control (UAC) enabled on Windows Server 2008. The following procedure disables UAC so object schemas may be updated.
Note: Windows UAC is also available on Windows Vista and Windows 7, but SolarWinds only supports evaluation installations of Orion products on these operating systems.
To ensure that monitored object schemas can be updated for Advanced Alert Manager:
This article applies to:
- Log on to your Orion server as a user with administrative privileges.
- Click Start > Control Panel.
- If you are using Classic View, click User Accounts.
- If you are using the default view, click User Accounts, and then click User Accounts again on the ControlPanel/User Accounts window.
- Click Turn User Account Control on or off.
- If UAC is currently configured in Admin Approval Mode, click Continue when the User Account Control message displays.
- Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box, and then click OK.
- If you want to apply the change immediately, click Restart Now.
- If you do not want to apply the change immediately, click Restart Later, and then close the User Accounts window.
Orion NPM 10.1
Orion APM 4.0
No related articles were found.
No attachments were found.
No visitor comments posted. Post a comment
Post Comment for "Alert trigger variables for nodes are not available in Advanced Alert Manager"
If this article does not provide the solution you need, please consider visiting our community forums on thwack or contacting SolarWinds Support. Please use the following form to provide comments that help us improve this KB article. Fields marked with an asterisk are required.